Operating system development
This page is forever a work in progress.
slOS is our current OS project.
- Hook-based system for running things in
kmain(which can be manipulated at runtime)
- Trait-based hardware abstraction layer
- Implementation of the HAL running as a process on a host UNIX system
- Trait-based filesystem handling, with core implementations of:
- An in-memory temporary filesystem
- (soon) A union filesystem wrapper
- An overlay filesystem wrapper (read-only base, read/write overlay)
- Read-only filesystem view of a Quake 2 PAK archive (via rpak)
We’ll see where this one goes!
- Our first Rust OS project
- Has served as inspiration for slOS (and, in fact, some slOS code has been modified from stuff in polymorphOS)